The Kent Furnace Inspection and Targeted Replacement Program is available to income-eligible homeowners living within Kent City limits.
This program provides:
- FREE furnace inspections, cleaning, tune-up, repairs and possible furnace replacement;
- Possible replacement of hot water tank and/or installation of expansion tank;
- One combination carbon monoxide/smoke alarm and additional smoke alarms, as needed;
- Referral to additional energy conservation programs; and
- Energy conservation education to further increase energy efficiency and reduce heating costs.
Replacement of an inefficient furnace is one of the simplest and most effective ways to improve energy efficiency and reduce the impact on the environment. The Community Action Council of Portage County operates this program through a grant from the City of Kent Community Development Department. Licensed heating and plumbing contractors obtain permits and inspections issued by the City of Kent Building Department.
In order to qualify for the program, you must
- own and occupy your single family home
- meet low-to-moderate income guidelines
- complete the application and provide all required documentation.
Elderly applicants, disabled applicants, and families with minor children are given priority. The program is designed to offer a one-time service. all 330.297.1456, visit our website or stop by in person at Community Action Council, 1036 W. Main St. in Ravenna, open 8-4:30. To obtain additional information and an application, e-mail Gloria Haven at email@example.com or Lisa Clement O'Dell at firstname.lastname@example.org,