In the City of Kent facial coverings (masks) are recommended to be worn by individuals that are not fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
This guidance is needed to continue to slow the spread of COVID-19 in the community. The safety of City residents, guests, business owners, and patrons are best protected when using facial coverings.
Facial coverings are recommended:
- By unvaccinated and not fully vaccinated individuals:
- in indoor areas accessible to the public.
- in outdoor areas accessible to the public when social distancing is not possible
Exceptions for Facial Coverings:
- due to any medical or behavioral condition or disability (including, but not limited to, any person who has trouble breathing, or is unconscious or incapacitated, or is otherwise unable to put on or remove the facial covering without assistance)
- seeking to communicate with someone who is hearing-impaired in a way that requires the mouth to be visible
- temporarily removing his or her facial covering to secure government or medical services or for identification purposes
- child whose parent, guardian, or responsible person has been unable to place the facial covering safely on the child’s face
- whom facial coverings are prohibited by law or regulation or are inconsistent with industry standards while the customer is on duty
- Children under two (2) years of age should not wear a facial covering.